- Automated voicemail transcriptions: Users can choose to receive free fully-automated transcriptions of voicemail messages that become searchable in the Google Voice inbox.
- SMS messaging: Google Voice numbers can now accept SMS messages and forward them to your mobile device and in your Google Voice inbox and reply from either one, as well.
- Conference calling: If you’re on the phone and get another call, you can merge them - linking up to six people on a single call.
- International calling: Place calls from your line and pay for them using Google Checkout
- New forwarding features: Set up custom rules that allow you to determine when and where calls are routed, forcing calls to voicemail late at night, ringing on the cell phone only during off-peak hours and at the office during work hours.
- Gmail Contacts: Google Voice integrates contacts from the Gmail address book.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Google Voice is Here
Google has now taken Grand Central and is upgrading it into Google Voice. Some of the new features are.